Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Darwyn Cooke is a peach.


At Megacon '08 Brian and I had the pleasure of getting to speak to Darwyn Cooke outside of the con. We really enjoy his work and we were thrilled that  he wasn't a dick like some artists we have met. He sat outside, smoking cigarettes, and shooting the breeze with us for quite some time. We also got to meet his lovely girlfriend Marsha. Well this year Darwyn and Marsha remembered us and we caught back up Friday and Saturday. Unbeknownst to me, Saturday Brian told Darwyn he was going to propose and commissioned a sketch just for the occasion. If you watch the video of Brian proposing, you see him grab the sketch from Marsha. This is a better photo of the sketch, unfortunately it didn't occur to me to scan it before I framed it......what can you do. When I saw this I nearly cried because to me this pulled the whole thing together. I'm so grateful to Darwyn for the way I felt when I first laid eyes on this sketch. He wouldn't even let us pay for it. Thank you Mr. Cooke, I'll never forget that moment. If you were wondering, they're on the guest list.


No comments:

Post a Comment