Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cause if you don't know, now you know.

Very shortly after being proposed to thoughts of weddings went racing through my head. Despite the fact that I may think like a man the majority of the time I do love things like this. I love to dress up, I love fashion, clothes, shoes, the whole nine yards. This may come as a surprise to some people but it's the truth.

The thing is I wasn't the type of girl who thought about the way her wedding would be, not until I was engaged. So now I'm starting from scratch, tabula rasa. There are however some things about my wedding that I knew right away. For one, it will be like no other wedding that any one in attendance has ever seen, I like being different. Also, partially for budget purposes, partly to support the first statement I want to do as much myself as possible. Not necessarily alone, but you know what I'm saying (paper flowers, hand-made center pieces, etc.)

I will tell you that with no way of setting a date just yet because of ridiculous multiple circumstances that I feel a sense of ease concerning any sort of timeline. There is only so much I can do for the next few months. Also because of the catering job, I have an army of event oriented minions at my finger tips. I'm extremely excited though, not just about planning but I also think that the blogging will help with some stress issues I'm destined to run into.

We'll See.

No comments:

Post a Comment